Check out this easy how to to making these beautiful colored mason jars!
- Empty glass mason jars
- Mixing bowls
- Paper towels
- Mod Podge – Gloss Finish
- Liquid food coloring
- Stir sticks or small disposable spoons
- Cookie sheet
- Oven preheated to 225 degrees
- Start by lining two baking sheets with foil or wax paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl or Ramekin add: 1 Tablespoon Mod Podge, 1/2 Tablespoon water, 7-9 drops of food coloring *It’s important not to add too much food coloring or the mixture will be too thin and result in streaking.
- Mix colored Mod Podge until smooth and pour into your glass jar.
- Swirl the Mod Podge around until the entire inside of your jar is covered. Drain excess into a waste bowl to be thrown away later.
- Carefully wipe the rim of your jar with a paper towel making sure none of the Mod Podge is on the outer lip.
- Place jar open side down on lined baking sheet to drain for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, carefully lift jars, re-wipe the rims and place open side up on second lined baking sheet.
- Place in a pre-heated oven (225/warm) for 45 minutes or until Mod Podge is completely dry and glass jars are transparent.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and allow hot jars to cool completely before removing.