- Clean your bottle. (Seems like a no brainer but most people forget this step.
- Fill the sink with ice water.
- Tie a cotton piece of yarn around the bottle 5-6 times.
- Roll the string off of the bottle and soak it in acetone/nail polisher remove for about 10-20 seconds.
- Slide it back on and set the string on fire. (Make sure to spin the bottle to get an even cut.)
- Right before the fire goes out, completely submerge it into the icy water. (It should snap in half easily, if not… try the process over again. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get the bottle hot enough. DON’T GIVE UP!)
By now you should have two pieces of the bottle and now you’re ready for a fancy plant!