Make these homemade Stained Glass Votive Candle Holders in a few easy steps and feel free to customize!
Tissue paper in your desired colors
Matte Finished Mod Podge
Glass container, such as a votive holder, to fit your candle
Paper punches in various shapes (optional)
- Choose your tissue paper and cut the shapes you pick. You can use a paper punch or feel free to cut any shape you please.
- Place some mod podge in a small plastic container and add a bit of water to thin out the texture. It should be thin but shouldn’t be too “drippy”.
- Brush a light layer of mod podge on the outside of the glass container and gently place your tissue paper cut-outs with the paintbrush.
- Once you have created your desired design on the glass, gently cover it with the Mod Podge. Once your glass is completely covered, set it aside to dry.
- After your holder is 100% dry, place a candle inside, light it up and enjoy your new homemade creation!