Check out this tutorial for Straw Necklaces – a fun and cheap diy craft idea for children on a rainy day.
Different colored straws
- Measure out and cut a piece of yarn for the size of necklace you want to make.
- In a small bowl, cut up the straws into various sized little tubes (these will be your beads).
- Tape one end of the yarn to the table so the pieces of straw don’t slip off.
- Pick which straw pieces you want to use for your necklace and start stringing them on the yarn in the pattern you or your child choose.
- Once your necklace is filled up with the straw beads, gather both sides of the yarn and tie into a knot.